Sunday, February 3, 2013

Java Java Java


Case in point to why I'm a coffee drinker ha ha!! I am so not a morning person, hence the coffee! I've been trying to get into a better sleep routine - i.e. wake up at 6am no matter what the plans of the day are, but it's hard. Why that early you may ask?! Because it's early enough that I can make it work, or make it to school, or make it to church on time. If I happen to have the day off, I've decided it's better to get up early and be productive than sleep the day away. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE sleep but I've decided it's time to put my big girl panties on and start my days earlier.

I attempted this "routine" today and did alright despite my alluring snooze button. I managed to put my feet to the floor around 7am. I promptly pulled on a sweater and took the pup on a walk - also my motivation for getting up earlier (our new home is not fenced in so I need to get used to this thing called "morning" now). Smoke was on his best behavior and walked right beside me throughout the neighborhood instead of testing my arm as a bungee cord. The rest of the morning ensued as follows:


Turn the coffee pot on for brewing ✓
Jump in the shower... "get in the shower" no actual "jumping" involved ✓
Towel dry the mane ✓
Grab coffee cup... fill to the brim so it's a true test of my balancing skills ✓
Browse the interwebs... Facebook, Pinterest, ect. ✓
Fix hair, makeup, the whole shebang ✓
Head to church... hello Hopewell Baptist ✓
Drive home to let out the pup ✓
Grab yet another cup of coffee and sit down for some blogging...✓
Finish my English homework
Head to the grocery store for the basics
Head to Sam's Club to find some finger food
Then it's super bowl time

I still have to figure out what I'm actually making for the super bowl, but I'm sure I'll get some help from Pinterest and my blogger news feed :)

Since my last cup of coffee is almost drained I thought I would share my secret ingredient with all you lovely ladies!! It's Torani's Sugar Free Salted Carmel Syrup, can you say yum?! I started adding it to my coffee around the holidays when it went on sale at World Market for 3.99!! I was at the store contemplating whether or not to try the syrups when I saw two ladies who were literally filling their shopping carts with these bottles - I'd say their enthusiasm convinced me.

Torani Sugar Free Salted Carmel Syrup

Since then this big bottle of joy has been a staple in my morning dose of caffeine.
Torani syrups are the perfect addition for any coffee lover, not to mention they have choices!! Raspberry, Vanilla, English Toffee, Red Velvet, Cherry, Cinnamon, Hazelnut, and Bacon... just to name a few!!

Word on the street is they are even good additions to desserts...
I imagine something along the lines of Firebird's salted carmel brownie, can you say yum?! Imagine if you had that recipe at your disposal, I'd say the need for stretchy yoga pants would be a must...
PS. If anyone has those said 'Torani dessert recipes' feel free to pass them my way!!



No comments:

Post a Comment