Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Bride's Planning Process

As of today (really yesterday) it is officially seven months until Tyler and I say "I do." There still seems to be so much to do!! Since we are getting married labor day weekend we wanted to go ahead and have save the dates sent out sometime this month, next month at the latest - but of course me being type A I need/want to finish our wedding website before we send out save the dates. Normally I wouldn't go for the whole wedding website thing as it just seems like unnecessary work, but my whole family is out of town and I was convinced it's a nice way to share information such as hotel accommodation, ect.

I know you guys are visual people so here's a shout out to my best friend who recently got married!! 
Love this picture of her dad walking her down the aisle. 

Tyler and I got engaged in April 2012. I did a bunch (more like a few) things when we first got engaged but then fell off the bandwagon during the holidays. It seems like there is still so much to do, probably because there is still so much to do!! 

Date
Reception & Ceremony Site
Rehearsal Dinner Site
Officiant
Marriage Counseling
Wedding Party
Bride's Wedding Dress
Bride's Accessories
Bride's Shoes / Bride's Boots
Bridesmaid's Dresses
Bridesmaid's Shoes
Bridesmaid's Gifts
Flower girl's Dress
Flower girl's Basket
Grooms Tux
Grooms Boots
Groomsmen's Tuxes
Groomsmen's Gifts
Ring bearer's Suspenders
Photographer
Engagement Pictures
Save the Dates
Invitations
Wedding Coordinator
Florist
Ceremony Decor
Reception Decor
Reception Caterer
Wedding Cake / Cupcakes
Reception DJ
Music List
Wedding Bands
Wedding Website
Guest Accommodations
Bride and Groom Accommodations
Wedding Registry
Honeymoon

Legend:   Done  |  In Progress  |  Haven't Even Started

I'm almost positive I'm forgetting something but oh well. As you can see up to this point I've completed little to nothing. Yes, I got a few big things out of the way but still so many details to plan and figure out. Who knew planning a wedding was this hard - it makes you realized why people elope!! 

Thankfully I have an amazing momma, a wonderful future mother-in-law, and four lovely bridesmaids to help share the "fun" of this planning process. 

Anyone living in the Charlotte area or going through wedding planning feel free to pass suggestions my way!! Lawd knows I'm going to need it!!

Our "goofy" picture - another favorite of her big day!! 


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could help, but we eloped ;) My advice is make sure you get a fabulous photographer and videographer. The wedding day may be one day, but the memories will be treasured forever!

    ReplyDelete