Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tennessee Whiskey

 This past weekend all our friends packed up the trucks and headed out to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.


So here's my run down of our mountain vacation:

Places we ate...

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
was a great time!! We went here for lunch and got seated in "the party room." It was a small room with white wall paper, interior windows with shutters, and Forrest Gump pictures galore. The food was good but a little overpriced in my opinion, you definitely pay for the experience. Which was fine because we had an amazing server who was hilarious!!

Mellow Mushroom
is always a good choice!! If you've never been here I recommend it. The pizza is unique and delicious!! My favorite menu item has always been The Caesar (litterally a caesar salad ontop of a pizza) though much to my dismay is was missing from the menu... had to settle for The Maui Wowie pizza which was good but not quite up to par with The Caesar. I also stole a few nibbles of others pizza including Buffalo Chicken and Funky Q. Chicken, yum yum yum!!

The Red Rooster Pancake House
is a must if you find yourself in Pigeon Forge for breakfast. They have great pancakes, (bacon) waffles, omelets, and several vintage Farmall tractors as decor. We went here on our way out of town and it was the perfect end to a great weekend!!

Things we did...


Bluegrass & Rocking Chairs
is the best, nothing beats a good foot tapping time!! They had a live musician on stage for the whole time we were in Gatlinburg which was fun.

Free Wine Tasting
Free Whiskey Tasting
Free Moonshine Tasting
was enjoyed by all. It was fun to taste all the different flavors but you'd be surpised how quick it goes to your head!! I think my favorites of the day was the Holiday Red wine, Apple Pie moonshine, and Salted Carmel whiskey.

The Hot Sauce Challenge
was interesting to WATCH. Two of our friends did this at All Sauced Up and only one "made it out alive." Afterwards he looked like he was physically in pain, ice cream was a vital key.


Cooter's Indoor Miniature Golf
was a bust. It was a cheap way to have fun and kill some time till dinner but I would not go back or recommend it to anyone. The course was 18 holes but very very basic and a little tight for our group of ten.

Adventure Raceway
was the best five dollars spent of the weekend. On our last day we checked out of the cabin and drove to Pigeon Forge to see what we could get into before heading back home. After breakfast we drove past a TRIPLE decker go kart track that was amazing!! There are several different tracks but I swear this one is the best!!

Cabin Fun:
Hammocks, Rocking Chairs, & Hot tubs
Beer Pong & Circle of Death
Miss America Television Program (even the boys watched!!)

 It was a much needed vacation for all.
While Gatlinburg is a little bit of a haul from Charlotte I'd say it was well worth the trip!!


2 comments:

  1. Girl! Yall did SO much! I am all about some free tastings, ha! We did the wine tastings last time we were up there. We wanted to do the moonshine but didn't get to! I see you live in NC! SO do I :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam!! Free tastings galore ha ha though you don't realize how quickly those itty bitty tasting cups add up :) and yea I'm from NC I stumbled upon your blog through Tamara's which I'm sure I found from someone else lol :)

      Delete